Selling on craftmantra.co
craftmantra is a unique retail marketplace created for Sellers and Buyers. Buyers are driven to visit the craftmantra Platform due to its innovative way of doing business.
Sellers must have a minimum of 6 different Products to sell through the craftmantra Platform. You may post a description and photographs of your Products. You pay only a set nine percent (9%) commission plus a 2 percent per transaction transaction service fee to Payment Gateway , our payment gateway partner. You may set your own selling policy (“Store Policy”), provided that you comply with our minimum sales and return policies.
By selling through the craftmantra Platform as a Seller, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate, and up-to-date information in your About page.
- Only list Products and conduct sales transactions for Products that you are legally able to sell.
- Honor your Store Policies and represent your Products in listings and photos accurately.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. You may not sell any Products that feature anyone else’s trademark, logo, or name unless you have received written consent from the owner of such rights. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to craftmantra .
- Not create multiple accounts and/or duplicate stores. Users are prohibited from sharing accounts, or using another User’s account without permission.
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the Products you sell.
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (local, national, and international) and be held solely liable for violation of any such laws, rules or regulations.
- Not complete or attempt to complete a sale of a Product to any Buyer outside of the craftmantra Platform which is intended to or results in your circumventing payment of our commission, the transaction service fee, or any other fees for which you are responsible.
- Be solely responsible for collecting and remitting any and all taxes applicable to any sales you make on the craftmantra Platform.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older and capable of creating a legally binding Contract between you and your Buyers.
- We believe in having relationships that benefit both sellers and our site. If at any given moment craftmantra deems a seller as negatively impacting our site we reserve the right to remove a seller’s store and their respective products.
By posting any Content to the craftmantra Platform, you warrant that:
- You own the Content, including all photographs, or you have the rights or permission to use the Content and photographs; and
- You understand that, as stated in the Agreement, craftmantra has license to use any Content and photographs you post to the craftmantra Platform for any purpose whatsoever.
Transactions with Buyers.
For transactions with Buyers, you acknowledge and agree that craftmantra will receive a Nine percent (9 %) commission plus a Two percent (2%) transaction service fee based on the total gross sale amount of each transaction completed between you and any Buyer. Our commission and the transaction service fee are deducted from the transaction purchase price immediately upon the release to you of the purchase price paid to us by the Buyer.
craftmantra Instant 48 hour Shipping
Items in stock are shipped within 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays. If you flag your product as instant delivery it must be shipped within 48 hours of being ordered. There are no exceptions.
The penalties for not shipping in time can be any of the following
Suspension of store and account
Internal review by our craftmantra support team
Negative Ratings given to the store
Seller is Liable for a full refund. Even if the product is shipped and received at the correct date.
The 48 Hour Turnaround Guarantee does not cover shipping carrier delays in picking up orders for shipment or in delivering orders.
You will be fully responsible for any and all charge backs from Buyers. A charge back occurs when a Buyer disputes a charge with his or her credit card company for the purchase of any Products, and the credit card company reverses the payment to us. You authorize us to charge the credit card we have on file for you for the amount of any charge back we receive. If there are not sufficient funds available on your credit card, you authorize us to debit the bank account you provided to us when you set up your account with us.
We will notify you of any charge backs we receive, and you will fully cooperate with us in order to provide us with information and documentation to respond to the credit card company request in a timely manner.
In order to protect yourself against charge backs, we require that you do the following:
- Ship Products using ONLY craftmantra methods, signature required
- Provide all tracking numbers on the craftmantra Platform
- Communicate frequently with your Buyers to update them on the status of their order, the shipping tracking number, and expected shipping date
- Photograph all Products you ship prior to packaging them, and carefully document the tracking numbers for all Products you ship
- Communicate with your Buyers through craftmantra Chat to indicate when a Product order has been confirmed, shipped, and received
- Follow up with your Buyers after your records show that a Product has been received to confirm that the Buyer is satisfied with the Product
- When a Product is returned, require that the Buyer return it with a trackable method and that the Buyer provide the tracking number to you
The following are some helpful tips in preventing fraudulent purchases:
- Use extra scrutiny for “big ticket’ items and require that Buyers insure such items during shipping
- Do NOT ship to any address other than the Buyer’s verified address, even if a Buyer asks you to do so
- Do NOT ship to any name other than the Buyer’s name
- Be careful of unusually large bulk orders
- Do NOT ship to any foreign country
At craftmantra , we strive to maintain a professional environment where all members leave with a positive user experience and to ensure upmost customer satisfaction; we have made certain items prohibited which will be strictly enforced. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Products containing hate speech of ANY kind
- Products containing racial slurs or attacks
- Products that defame or demean ANY religion or religious belief
- Products containing attacks on LGBT & any other protected minority group
- Dangerous chemicals
- Any item that which in whole or in part is subject to a recall
- Stolen items
- Adult material, erotica, or pornography inclusive of any material unsuitable for children under the age of 18.
- Mass produced electronics
- Protected antiquities
- Real estate
- Ivory or animal products from endangered species collected illegally
- Motor vehicles, or parts for motor vehicles or recreational vehicles
- Any Product that violates applicable local, state, federal, or international law in regard to manufacturing, distributing, advertising, or transporting said item.
- Products not in your possession or control, or Products that you don’t intend to deliver
- Illegal, counterfeit or contraband Products of any sort
- Products that infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, design right, or any other right of another party
- Products that contain an image, name, or likeness of another person without that person’s written consent
- Pirated materials
- Replica items, including designer items
- Personal data or information
- Products that carry or transmit hidden code or signals with the intention of causing harm or tracking personal or transnational information of any sort
- Misrepresented Products
- Harmful, harassing, intimidating or defamatory Products
- Hazardous materials
- Mature items intended for adults due to language or imagery that falls outside of the traditional acceptable standards for broadcast television that are not properly identified as “mature” in the listing process
- Any Product that we determine to be inappropriate, harmful, fraudulent, or illegal or in violation of any of our terms, agreements, or policies
Please be aware that any Users may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for our review. We may remove any listings at our sole discretion, including those that that violate our terms, agreements, or policies, and we may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations.
We expect all of our Sellers to provide an exceptional level of customer service. By selling on craftmantra , you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a Buyer in a timely manner, unless there is an extenuating circumstance beyond your control.
- Respond to craftmantra Chat in a timely manner.
- Honor your Store Policy.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the Buyer. In the unlikely event that you cannot reach a resolution, our support team may agree to mediate between both parties to resolve the matters as efficiently as possible, but we have no obligation to do so.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the Buyer and cancel the order through the craftmantra Platform.
We expect the best from our Sellers and closely monitor customer satisfaction with our reviews system. Reviews are a direct representation of how our Users do business and will likely be a determining factor for Buyers. Buyers can leave a review with a one to five-star rating and a photograph of their purchase within 60 days after the delivery of a Product. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 60-day period.
In the instance you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the Buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the Seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, craftmantra or a third party; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Extortion is not allowed on craftmantra . Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited. Extortion includes, but is not limited to, situations where a Seller offers a Buyer additional goods, services, or compensation in exchange for a positive review.
Shilling is strictly prohibited on the craftmantra Platform. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a Seller’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a Seller look more desirable by increasing the Seller’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the Buyer.
Returns and Exchanges
craftmantra is a place where customer service is a priority and because of this, we have decided to use a unified return policy. All craftmantra Sellers are expected to provide clear return policies within their Store Policy, which must include, at a minimum:
- A Buyer has 7 calendar days to return a Product from the date Buyer received it.
- Whether the Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.
- Expectations of the Product’s condition to ensure that the Product a Buyer is returning is repackaged with all the tags and documentation included.
You may include other return policies, but you must, at a minimum, provide the foregoing policies.
There are some items that are ineligible for return, including:
- Custom made orders/ Made to order
- Products not in the original packaging and/or in sellable condition
- Products that have been purchased in person and not through the craftmantra Platform
- Intangible Products, services, or prohibited Products
- Transactions where payment is not made through craftmantra ’s payment platform
- Products that are returned without a return agreement
- Products that have been altered, used, worn, or washed after receiving them
- Products that have been destroyed or discarded by the Buyer
- Products that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays beyond the Seller’s control
- Cancelled transactions that have already resulted in a refund to the Buyer
You are required to fulfill the return policies listed above, or agreed upon via direct message with the Buyer. This may include:
- Issuing a refund for the returned Product
- Providing craftmantra with proof of shipping for a replacement Product
If you have a problem with a transaction, please contact the Buyer in a direct message first through craftmantra Buyers are also encouraged to contact you through craftmantra if they experience any issues as well.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the Buyer immediately via craftmantra and cancel the transaction. If the Buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
You may cancel a transaction under the following circumstances:
- The Buyer did not pay. (You may flag a Buyer for a payment not received, chargeback, or canceled payment.)
- Both you and the Buyer agree to cancel the transaction prior to shipment, and you have issued the Buyer a full refund.
- You have decided to refuse service to the Buyer, and if the Buyer has already paid, you have issued a full refund, including shipping and any taxes collected.
- The Buyer did not receive the Product ordered, even though you provided proof of shipping, and you have issued a refund for the Product. (Refunding shipping is optional.)
- Both you and the Buyer agreed that the Buyer could return the Product for a refund, you have received the returned Product and issued a refund to the buyer for the Product.
We believe that most disputes between a Buyer and Seller can be resolved quickly. Before you or a Buyer file a dispute with us, we ask that you and the Buyer contact each other to attempt to resolve any outstanding issues in good faith. If any dispute arises between you and any Buyer relating, and after undertaking direct negotiations with the Buyer in good faith, you have not been able to resolve the dispute within fifteen (15) days from the date that the dispute arose, you may file a dispute with us. Under most circumstances, we will attempt to mediate the dispute, but we have no obligation to do so.
You acknowledge that all transactions with a Buyer are your sole responsibility, and we are not a party to any such transactions. If you are unable to resolve the dispute with the Buyer, your only remedy may be to bring a legal claim against the Buyer. You acknowledge that we will not be a party to any such legal proceedings, but we will honor any and all court orders or final judgments issued in such proceedings.
We have the right to hold all monies involved in connection with the disputed transaction until we receive either (a) a statement by both Buyer and Seller that the dispute has been resolved or (b) a court order.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability to you or any third party in relation to any dispute between you and any User of the craftmantra Platform.
Issues with a Transaction
The most common issues with a transaction are Non-Delivery or Not-as-Described.
A Non-Delivery occurs when a Buyer places an order and submits payment, but does not receive the Product ordered. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- A Product was never sent.
- A Product was sent to an address that is different from the address provided by the Buyer or was not verified through craftmantra or Logistics address verification.
- There is no proof that the Product was shipped to the Buyer’s address.
A Product is Not-as-Described if it is materially different from the Seller’s listing description and/or photos. Here are a few examples of Not-as-Described cases:
- The Product received is a materially different color, model, version, or size.
- The Product has a different design, fabrication, or material.
- The Product was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The Seller failed to disclose the fact that a Product is damaged or is missing parts.
- The wrong quantity of Products is shipped.
- The condition of the Product is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the Product was “new”, but the Product is used.
Not-as-Described cases can also be filed for late delivery of Products. In order to qualify as late delivery, the Buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The Products were ordered for a specific date or event of which the Seller was aware; and
- A deadline was agreed upon by the Buyer and Seller; and
- The Products are rendered useless after that date or event.
craftmantra Chat is a tool used by Buyers and Sellers to communicate with each other or with other Users directly through the craftmantra Platform. craftmantra Chat is a great way to ask Sellers any questions you have about a Product or an order. craftmantra Chat may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another User;
- Contacting a User after the User has explicitly asked you not to do so; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another User.
You will not engage in any interference. Interference occurs when a User intentionally interferes with another User’s store in order to drive away business. Interference is strictly prohibited. Examples of interference include, but are not limited to:
- Contacting another User via craftmantra Chat to warn that User away from a particular Seller, store, or Product;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another User;
- Purchasing from a Seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review; or
- Leaving an untrue or defamatory review of a Seller or a Product.
You will not engage in any harassing behavior. Any use of craftmantra Chat or the craftmantra Platform to harass other Users, to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation is strictly prohibited. If you receive an craftmantraChat message that violates this Policy, please let us know right away.
Misuse of a Buyer’s Personal Information